Subject: [Leica] Using your powers for good instead of evil....
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Tue Nov 14 09:42:43 2006

lord knows i've photographed enough Bad Men in my life. so when the kind
folks at www.citykitties.org called to say that someone had brought them
two sick kittens they'd found in a bag in a dumpster, i jumped at the
chance to improve my bad karma by photographing them for a greeting
card. albert and phinnius had such bad eye infections they each had to
have the remains of an eye removed in surgery. but they're total love
bugs.

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/paw/2006/47/pirates.jpg

i took this with a leica IIIa using a visoflex I and a series of custom
adapters to mount a canon 300 f 2.8 on it. i photographed the kittens
from 20 yards away using a radio to talk to the off camera assistants.*

(i also saw agnes the three legged kitten while i was there. the day
before they were going to cut off her leg, they noticed that she was
moving it ever so slightly. a vet exam determined that they'll wait two
weeks to see if there's any hope of saving the leg, they might,
possibly, be able to repair the damage in what i assume is somewhat more
sophisticated surgery.)

kc

whatever became of whinydog press? did she go digital and stop loving
us? or am i not paying attention?

*(leica d200 with a 50 1.8 at f 2.8, softbox directly over their heads
piece of fabric from the thrift store. the bit about two off-camera
assistants is true, but they had to do relatively little wrangling.
these guys are pretty much happy wherever you put them.)

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Using your powers for good instead of evil....)
Reply from leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] Using your powers for good instead of evil....)