Subject: [Leica] Valley fever - was 'more magenta'
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue Nov 14 17:20:03 2006

On Nov 14, 2006, at 11:48 AM, Mads Christensen wrote:

> Steve,
>
> What is 'valley fever ie coccidiodes imitis' - a disease or are you
> pulling my leg? I took my tropic shots before going here and I feel
> fine :D

a fungus, coccioides imitis, that grows in the deserts of the US
Southwest causes valley fever...pulmonary and sometimes disseminated
disease...I will send  a summary offlist... I'm wondering if that
exists in the Iraqi desert...

sometimes infection of humans is much increased by a dust storm
causing inhalation of the organism...

not pulling your leg, (or anything...)

Steve