Subject: [Leica] Vuescan and Nikon ED 5000 woes again
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed Nov 15 13:59:28 2006

I am very interested to hear you say this, as everyone went the other
way last time I was in scanning mode. I have not had huge success
with the roll film adaptor. I thought it was going to be my most used
that ;-) ) and then review them before taking the 'winners' out to
the darkroom for printing: BUT dust was a disaster. By the time I had
scanned the 40 shots I had more dust than I had ever encountered
before in the darkroom, so I had to reverse my plan: print first scan
latter: which of course meant I had already cut up the rolls in
strips of 5 or 6. Ah the best laid plans.