Subject: [Leica] Some IR filtration experiments
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Wed Nov 15 20:52:40 2006

Henning,

I'm really torn now. I really want the M8 with its increased IR
sensitivity. I want the purple cast fixed as well. I'm afraid if I
wait and Leica does a hardware fix that the IR sensitivity will be
gone. I'm not really worried about the color shift with synthetic
fabrics as thats not what I take a lot of photos of. I am worried
about shots in sunlight where there is a lot of IR reflected off of
foliage making landscapes look a little funny. Since I proved to
myself that the hot mirror filter has no loss in the visible
spectrum, that would be a good workaround if Leica did nothing.
Nearly all the photos that Tina and others took look pretty good. So
I guess the risk is diminished in my mind. I think I'm talking myself
into something here.

Len