Subject: [Leica] M6 diopter
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Nov 16 07:43:09 2006

Leonard Taupier <len-1@comcast.net> wrote:

> Boy my eyes must be very strange. I need diopter correction for every
> SLR I own... But I don't need any correction when I use my M
> cameras.

The apparent viewing distance on the M cameras is probably different from
industry standard.  I need a +0.5 diopter correction for my Nikons and for
the SL2 and R4, but none for the SL or Leicaflex Standard.  IIRC (reaching
way back into the cobwebs) Leitz changed the apparent viewing distance of
their SLR viewfinders between the SL and the SL2.  The idea behind the SL's
viewfinder was that it would be comfortable to use with older eyes, while
the SL2 and later SLR viewfinder conformed to industry standards.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://mail2web.com/ .