Subject: [Leica] chimping, now Leica Sins
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Nov 16 10:06:53 2006

They do indeed. I don't want to give poor Doug a stroke by acknowledging
that I think Leica is "best" at something :-), but I really do think that
the ASPH M lenses are the best ever produced in their focal lengths. And
I'll make that statement even while acknowledging that the only ones I've
owned were the 21, 28 f2, 35 1.4, and 90 f 2. :-)

On 11/16/06 1:02 PM, "Walt Johnson" <walt@waltjohnson.com> wrote:

> The 21mm is the only ASPH Leica lens I've owned. My 28 is a 2.8 and my
> only 35 is a Nikkor. I'm sure the ones you mentioned are excellent. The
> Germans make very good glass. :-)
>
> B. D. Colen wrote:
>
>> Definitely add the M 35 1.4 ASPH and M 28 f 2 ASPH to that list, Walt.
>>

>> On 11/16/06 12:42 PM, "Walt Johnson" <walt@waltjohnson.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Dave
>>>
>>> Never had anything but excellent results from the 6 or 7 Micro Nikkors
>>> I've owned. If there were a vote for the best lenses ever made my
>>> choices would be
>>> 21mm ASPH
>>> 50mm Summicron