Subject: [Leica] M8: "I think it's gonna be all right"
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 13:49:43 2006

In a message dated 11/17/2006 3:22:47 P.M. Central Standard Time,
ausdlk@gmail.com writes:

I didn't mean to slam the M5 necessarily by my  "shades of the M5" comment.

I have not used one but I know that many  people like it even though it is
definitely something of an Edsel of a  camera....
----------------------
Hmm, the Edsel failed because it was too much like the other Fords, (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edsel)  while some say the M5 failed because
it was
too different from other M cameras.  Stephen Gandy has  a plausible
explanation:

"For decades the M5 existed in relative obscurity as "the Leica failure," a
title I don't think it really deserves.  As explained on my CL page, I
think
a most of the M5's sales problems had to do with the lower priced and
extremely successful Leica CL."

That aside, it is really difficult for me to understand how using a camera
for a week can make a man display so much vitriol toward a  camera and the
creators of that camera.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches,  Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?,  crawfish

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] M8: "I think it's gonna be all right")