Subject: [Leica] Leica Rep in Bryn Mawr, PA
From: rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark)
Date: Sat Nov 18 13:50:21 2006

Today, the Leica Rep said the problem with the M8 was fixed...all was
good...and that they were announcing it out of Germany next week.

They had lots of lenses there today along with the following: M8 chrome, MP
Black, R9w/DMR, and the two new Leica / Panasonic cameras.  Lots of folks
interested in the M8 and the staff at the camera store said they had a nice
waiting list.

For me....I like the MP.  The M8 was nice but for the kind of hobby shooting
I do and enjoy, I probably won't be going the direction of the M8.  You can
easily tell it is thicker and the leather covering has a slicker feel.  The
shutter is very loud and almost sounds like it's slipping across glass or
something.  They had some very nice pics from the M8 and I'm sure it will be
a roaring success.  And....they didn't remember to take more than one
battery so it kept running low.

Robert