Subject: [Leica] M8: "I think it's going to be all right" - transposedtoCanon, Nikon, etc. etc.
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sat Nov 18 19:05:18 2006

At 7:58 AM -0800 11/18/06, Frank Filippone wrote:
>This is by far the most damaging article on the subject.  The PR guy
>at Leica blew it.....after the Engineers at leica blew
>it,.........the Management at Leica blew it.
>
>Remember the Intel bad math Pentium?
>
>You can get more goodwill with how you handle a problem than if you
>had not created a problem to begin with.....
>
>Frank Filippone
>red735i@earthlink.net
>
>http://www.popphoto.com/popularphotographyfeatures/3403/marooned-leica-lovers.html
>or
>
>http://tinyurl.com/y7dfkg

Pop photo seems to have a rather short memory. I remember them
stating some years back that they receive many more products to test
than they print, and they base some of their decisions on what to
print by not posting products that fail their tests. If they then get
a better sample and retest it, they print it. This, by their own
admission. Now they castigate dpreview and luminous landscape for
doing essentially the same thing.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design