Subject: [Leica] IMG: Vegetable Market
From: schneiderpix at mac.com (Robert Schneider)
Date: Mon Nov 20 19:11:56 2006

I convert all my RAW files with Adobe Camera Raw.

I am curious about Greg's experience with the 24 1.4L, since he was
implying that it is substandard.  I wonder in what circumstances it
has failed him.  I find its performance at all apertures at least
very good (f/1.4) and mostly excellent (f/2 and beyond).  Being able
to narrow the DOF with a 24 is a treat as well.  The only downside I
experience from time to time is flare.  I don't have a single Canon
EF lens, however, that handles flare as well as the majority of Leica
M lenses.  But flare wasn't/isn't the issue with Tina's shot.