Subject: [Leica] Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZM and 15mm Viewfinder
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Fri Nov 24 08:20:16 2006

Don Dory writes:

> The Schultz's reviewed the lens last year.  A little better than the CV but
> still vignetted and the edges were still not fabulous. Their conclusion was
> that it had a very limited appeal to someone who had to have the
> speed,otherwise the C/V was just as good by 5.6 which is where the C/V
> really
> shines.  But, I agree that the new Tri-Elmar will be a very good seller. My
> test shots at Photokina using a pre-production lens wide open and up close
> were extremely good, even into the edges.

Hi Don,

I've not looked at the Tri-Elmar. Looks like it might be worth considering.
The Zeiss 15/2.8 as others have mentioned is not rangefinder coupled,
althought I'm not sure why not when its a 2.8 lens.

Greg J. Lorenzo
Calgary, Alberta

Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZM and 15mm Viewfinder)