Subject: [Leica] Leica 1930's 500mm lens
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Nov 24 13:24:27 2006

Did the ad appear back to back with the Exakta cameras?

It always seemed to me the choice of the Exakta was an obviously more
practical solution to long lenses on the 35mm format than did
the Visoflex..... albeit, there were no Leitz lenses in Exakta mount.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I just picked up 12 issues of Leica Photography from 1937. There's an
interesting photo showing a "500mm" Leica lens consisting of a
Hektor 135, 35mm Elmar and lots of copying tube extensions. Altogether to
make a 500mm f/40. Fast lens!

Chris

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Leica 1930's 500mm lens)