Subject: [Leica] M8, a tale of woe..
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Sat Nov 25 15:08:17 2006

Steve,

That seems to be it as far as I can see, he has not shown any photos that I
can remember, and his complaints seem vague to me, other than he does not
like the camera at all, but then he does like the Epson RD-1 even though it
has poor reliablility.  FOr my part, from what Tina, Ted, and others here
have said from their experiences, the only thing that is keeping me from
getting one right now is where the money will come from.  Leica has put out
their statement on the problems, and it looks like they are trying to fix
the problems to the best of their ability at this time.  I'm not keen on the
filter fix for the IR magenta problem, as I'm not keen on having filters on
my lenses, but it is a workable fix and they are providing 2 free filters to
M8 buyers, which is at least a show of concern to their buyers.  Then again
many are just adjusting the IR magenta shift out in PS or other software
with very good results.  Not much different than film processing chemistry,
or buying Tungsten
 film for inside use.  It seems the banding and ghosting/green blob problems
have been fixed according to the Leica announcement.

Gene