Subject: [Leica] Goofy M6 Meter Behavior
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (John O. Newell)
Date: Sun Nov 26 09:54:30 2006

I have had a couple of off-list replies on this which I thought I'd pass on
with thanks to those who replied.

The first reply asked, very politely, whether I'd cocked the shutter - I
hadn't mentioned that.  In fact, I had, and had even taken the lens off to
make sure the white dot on the shutter curtain was showing.

The second pointed me to this old post
http://leica-users.org/v23/msg01474.html which, in a nutshell, suggests
giving an M6 with a meter temporarily gone AWOL a sharp rap.  I don't think
this camera got such a rap, but I suppose something else might have given
some unnamed internal component enough of a nudge to get the meter back into
operational status - who knows?

Anyway, many thanks to those who replied.

John Newell