Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 43 - Architecture HELP NEEDED
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon Nov 27 02:36:31 2006

Henning,

thanks for the comments. See the inline remarks below.

Henning Wulff wrote:

> Peter,
>
> There are a couple of issues here. The first is that neither picture has
> a real focus.

I probably agree on the whole. The building is actually the offices of (my
wife's) law firm and I was up to pick her up on our way out for the evening
- as
ever I had stuffed a Leica in my pocket. This was only the second or third
time
I had been there since they moved in in the summer. As a result these are
somewhat "grabbed" and pretty unofficial.

Your eye kind of wanders all over without finding anything
> to lock on. Rodger's building are all extremely mechano-complexo, so
> that makes it hard, but you have to try and find simple, strong elements
> that can carry the picture and not let your eye wander off the page.

I was concerned that the complexity if the building and the low light would
be
as much of a detterent to this kind of photography, so I tried to hook on
the
guys in front left to give a sense of scale/perspective.

The second picture was grabbed over a balcony. There was going to be a third
of
the sheep (yes, I mean it that is not a typo! :-), but I wasn't carrying a
90
with me so that went by the by.

> All that said, and partly for the above reasons, the second
> (HousInterior.jpg) works better for me, because there is a bit more of a
> focus.

I like it because it's simpler! I also really like the pools of light
reflected
off the brushed steel surfaces, which I think is a real stength - and
signature
of - BW400CN.

> Thanks for showing. I'll always look at pictures of architecture. :-)
> I've seen other pictures of this building, and yours add to the
> understanding of that building.

Any that you think particularly good?

Again, thanks for the omments and advice.

Peter

Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] IMG: PAW 43 - Architecture HELP NEEDED)