Subject: [Leica] But I'm not ready!!!!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Nov 27 11:36:31 2006

On 11/27/06 6:28 AM, "G Hopkinson" <hoppyman@bigpond.net.au> typed:

> No guilt trip here.
> We're very water conscious, our suburb is better than the ideal benchmark
> for
> the city and we are better than the suburb average.
> Haven't washed my car or watered our tiny square of remaining lawn for
> months
> though. There's actually been decent rain right here.
> It's just not falling in the catchment areas! When it rains my pool catches
> thousands of litres of rain water, too.
> I'll think of you shivering as I sip a cool beer and sit in the shady area
> by
> the pool
> Cheers
> Hoppy

And you can hear it in my accent when I talk
I'm a Pedestrian in New York

See me walking down Fifth Avenue
A Domke bag and Screwmount here at my side
I take it everywhere I walk
I'm a Pedestrian in New York

I'm an alien I'm a legal alien
I'm a Pedestrian in New York
I'm an alien I'm a legal alien
I'm a Pedestrian in New York

I learned to drive in January in Chicago on black ice in the late 60's.
I have built in black ice radar and know instinctively when it drops just
below freezing and can control a skid better than Mario Andretti.
Since I've been living here Nov. 1 I had to drop off my camper van in
eastern long island somewhere to be sold. You cant drive it on certain
highways the bridges are too low. Van too high. The Northern Highway I think
they call it. Influence of the Romans. Most highways around here look like
six flags. Where are they renting the electric bumper cars?
I'm learning the subways next stop the busses. Which should be nice as you
can look out the windows and see if you're going way off the wrong
direction.
And I'm crossing the streets not waiting for lights to change like the big
boys. You'd think I was a real New Yorker.
I'm looking forward to my first snow in years. Need to pre buy some
galoshes. ( I had that one in my spell check believe you me)

I'm against umbrellas. Unless its part of my headgear. Always wanted one of
those.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N