Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 33, Issue 334
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Mon Nov 27 13:20:20 2006

Thanks again for the concise explanation John...that
cleared it up...it's been over 20 years since I've shot with
a 35 cron which If I recall was a chrome first version tack
sharp and great contrast.  If the 4th comes close I'll be
happy!  (I'll know in a day or two ;-)

Montie
------------------
John Collier wrote:
The different versions of a lens (there are 5 different 35/2 M
optical formulas) were generally made where they were designed
(either Wetzlar, Midland or Solms). Some versions were made in both
Wetzlar and Midland (ie: 35/2 first version) and then "collectors"
tend to favour the Wetzlar version unless the Midland version is
rare. So while there are versions whose performance is favoured for
one reason or another, where they were made is not important.

Yours is a peach by the way,

John Collier