Subject: [Leica] Visoflex question
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Mon Nov 27 15:34:45 2006

A little while back the question was asked if the M7/M8 would work in
AE mode with a Visoflex. The answer came back yes it would. My
question is "How reliably". I just got a 65mm Elmar and universal
focusing mount for my Viso III. I tried it on my M7 in AE mode and
found that about 50% of the time the shutter would stay open about 2
seconds way overexposing. I tried adjusting the screw to flip up the
mirror and let the M7 settle on a correct exposure. The adjustment
was very critical and didn't always work. I had the Viso set to
Yellow dot. I finally gave up and went to manual exposure with the
mirror up to save the day. Of course that works. Does anybody have a
foolproof way of using AE or should I stick to manual setting?

Len

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Visoflex question)
Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] Visoflex question)