Subject: [Leica] First test Summicron Collapsible
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Nov 27 17:31:34 2006

Marc I haven't seen such an opinion on the Neopan 400 before. From my own
recent and limited b&w renaissance, I've had better
results from the Neopan vs HP5. That is smoother tones, less apparent grain.
(using ID11 1:1 for all). I do like and support Ilford
and their various emulsions and chemicals. Much is depenant on subject
matter, too. Certainly both Luis and Daniel have posted some
lovely medium format examples (Rolleis) with great tonality and smoothness
using the Neopan 400. 6x6 and 35mm not directly
comparable, I know.
Still I'm very much on the learning curve with b&w these days. Really I like
FP4 & dilute ID11 best of all, so far. That's if not
converting from a colour neg or tranny.

No accounting for taste, as the old lady said when she kissed the cow.
Cheers
Hoppy