Subject: [Leica] Gang of Four Less One
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue Nov 28 13:28:30 2006

At 07:54 AM 11/28/2006, FRANK DERNIE wrote:
 >When I first subscribed to the LUG many years ago I assumed Eric Welch
 >was the list owner. He seemed to feel himself honour bound to reply to
 >every post.

Eric Welch was a photojournalist in Grant's Pass,
Oregon, when he was on the LUG.  He then took a
job as Photo Editor for the Gemological Institute
of America in LA.  Personal note:  my father was
working at the GIA when I was born in 1950 and,
as a tad, I went to a few parties at the beach
house of the founder, Mr Shipley.

The Gang of Four was Tina and Eric and I and one
other whose name I forget.  I do not believe that
it was Jim, though it might have been:  Jim has
locked my heels enough times here and on the
Hasselblad List.  He recently subscribed to the
Rollei List where he is rather quiet, though his
contributions have been quite insightful.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!