Subject: [Leica] Re:M7, M8, Film, Digital, same lenses
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Nov 29 09:58:41 2006

On 11/29/06 11:47 AM, "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net>
typed:

> Many are being recycled to other countries where digital has not yet taken
> off. Saw that at PMA 2006. Prices of used Fuji and
> Noritsu film machines have plummeted. There's some *bay dealers online.
>
> There are expensive to maintain - filters, hoses, pumps, sensors, racks,
> gears, all sorts of weekly maintenance. Not to mention
> chemical prices now. These machines are designed so at least 30 rolls a day
> need to go through them. You don't want it just sitting
> there. Deal would be to get allot of extra parts with a good used one.
> Made in
> Japan with parts from China, go figure.
>
> I had a chance to get a former AP Photo C-41 machine a couple of years ago
> for
> free, but no room and they are freaking heavy!
>
> Chris

In the end the best thing, like Tina and others, would be to go Jobo.
A higher end one can make things very convenient and efficient.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N
73?57'32.37"W

http://rabinergroup.com/

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re:M7, M8, Film, Digital, same lenses)