Subject: [Leica] Is it just me?
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Thu Nov 30 01:36:43 2006

I understand the real world of working photojournalists, I was in it for
quite some time in the Navy.  If I were shooting architecture, I'd use a
large format with a wide anyways, as I'm sure most would.  For what the
Leica is good for though, the small size, light weight and perhaps faster
aperture of a fixed focal length lens is optimal.  Photojournalism, street
photography, candid portraiture, these things are the M rangefinder's forte,
not the exacting work of interior architectural photography where direct
viewing of the subject is necessary, especially with a lens this wide.
"...a 2mm wider lens makes the difference between a smashing good photograph
and nothing."  Don't blame the tool.
Philip