Subject: [Leica] Well, Some...at Least One...of the Greats Do
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Nov 30 16:14:45 2006

At 02:45 PM 11/30/2006, you wrote:
But at the same time, the more I find myself having second
>thoughts...  mostly gee I'll miss it...I love it, I get so much out
>of it...
>
>I can't do my medical stuff forever, but frankly I'm surprised at how
>I feel...
>
>am I normal ?  what to do ?
>
>   Steve

Steve -  I think you are perfectly normal.  When you've been doing
something as vital, important, consuming, and life-changing as
medicine, it's normal to wonder what will take its place when you
retire.  I have a good friend who is a retired neurosurgeon.  He has
been going through severe depression because he feels so
worthless.  He spends his days golfing and playing solitaire on the
computer.  I think the key to a successful retirement would be
finding something that gives you as much pleasure as your work
without the day to day hassles.  Now you will have time to do the
things you never had time to do before.  Volunteer to go on medical
missions.  You will be able to continue to use your talents, make a
difference in the world and travel.  There's no paperwork or
insurance or other day to day annoyances.  You can choose the times
and amount you want to work.  You'll still be able to take your
wonderful photos of the children you treat. I'll sign you up!  ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Well, Some...at Least One...of the Greats Do)