Subject: [Leica] Is it just me?
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Thu Nov 30 21:37:22 2006

But the Wide Tri-Elmar is not aimed specifically at the M8 since it's
backwards compatible with the former M's.  I, for one am not going to be
purchasing an M8 yet still I would like to see the venerable old camera
company survive.  I just think the new multi-focal length lens is a solution
to a non existent problem, a bit of a hassle for those of us who like our
cameras very small and light and a bad bit of marketing that's just going to
help the corporation further into the grave.  Granted, I don't have to buy
it, but so many others don't have to buy it as well.  If it flops, then
there's just one more lens specifically for collectors, all that R&D and
overhead cost just helping Leica reach it's demise sooner.
Phil