Subject: [Leica] Re: IMG: My bride on peppermint
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Dec 1 15:30:44 2006

> I really like the way the rock looks on the far right, which is why I
> made that version with her off to the left.  But I can't decide between
> the more traditional centered composition and the leftward placement.
>
> --Peter
>
>> Peter, I like the rock you get by putting her on the left. She might
> be a bit too far left though.
>
>> You could ask her, but she'd probably tell you it is a lousy picture
> (women NEVER like their pictures) so don't do that.
>
> Daniel

Men don't like pictures taken of them usually either. If they do its a
fluke.
I never feel the success of a picture of someone depends on if THEY like it
or not. All their friends will love it. And my friends will love it. THEY
will hate it. Or visa versa.

Doing portrait photography for decades I can say that men are more hard to
please and generally more vain by far them women.
And I'm not talking artists. I'm talking insurance guys and stock brokers.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N
73?57'32.37"W