Subject: [Leica] Anthony Gormley - another place
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Sun Dec 3 06:11:57 2006

I paid a visit to the Anthony Gormley sculpture in Crosby just to the north
of Liverpool in the UK last weekend. Gormley has created 100 or so life
sized castings of his body and they are placed over the beach at Crosby.
There are a few snaps here...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/sunsworth/gormley/

I concentrated on one or two of the sculptures because there was a high tide
when I arrived :-), a place to revisit at low tide when the statues further
down the beach will be available to photograph. The corrosion caused by the
salt water gives the pieces an attractive texture and the ones that are only
revealed at low tide apparently have a lot of sea-life growing on them.

The statues were meant to be removed and exhibited in New York, but they've
had a stay of execution which means they'll be on this beach for at least a
few more months.

The light was superb when I arrived, low and very bright, this changed while
I was there and became very dark and overcast. That's the North-West for you
:-)

Steve

Replies: Reply from montoid at earthlink.net (Montie) ([Leica] Re: Anthony Gormley - another place)
Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Anthony Gormley - another place)