Subject: [Leica] (OT) Not a good weekend here
From: larry.k at rcn.com (larry.k@rcn.com)
Date: Mon Dec 4 13:31:12 2006

Phil,
  Good luck to your mom! Hang in there! I went through this last year with
my mother. It was a frightening experience for my whole family. My mom broke
her hip on a Friday at 1pm, and they did the surgery at 7:30am the next day.
She was up on the leg within a day or two, truly amazing. Of course, there
is a lot of pain and rehab is tough going but the alternative of trying to
let the hip heal naturally is just a bad idea for older people.

  Now, a year later, my mom is back to her old self, even working 3-4 hours
a day. She has lost some mobility in the leg but otherwise she gets along
quite well. My wife's grandmother is 92 (93??) and has had both hips done
multiple times and still gets around! Thank goodness for modern medicine!

  Take care,

  Larry

Our family had a tough weekend.  My mom fell and fractured her hip.  The
surgery went well but she's in for some long hard rehab.

My daughter has been a great help.  Here she is in the hospital with my mom
in the foreground.

<http://pswango.smugmug.com/gallery/825205/2/114797346>

Pentax DSLR, EI 1600, Photo-Plugins b/w converter..