Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 48 dlridings
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Dec 4 19:57:35 2006

Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:
> Daniel,
> Beautiful, really emphasizes the beauty and bleakness of winter in
> Scandinavia. Out of curiosity, do these countries have a higher than
> average
> incidence of depression and allied illnesses?

Jayanand, I really couldn't tell you. I suppose it is difficult to
define depressions in such a way that they can be tabulated in statistics.

That being said, I know of noone in my extended circle of friends
(friends of friends of friends of friends) who has committed suicide.

In the US, I knew personally two and heard of a number of others.

Not that that tells us anything, but it is the only thing I have to go by.

Then again you have Edvard Munch's painting, Strindberg's writing,
Bergman's films ... it seems to find channels of expression, if there is
an undercurrent of depression.

Daniel

Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMG: PAW 48 dlridings)