Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 48 dlridings
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Dec 5 22:12:48 2006

Very observant, Hoppy.

This particular Rollei (Rolleiflex MX) is one of the last cameras they
made before they starting putting baffles in the chamber for the taking
lens. The baffles cut back reflections bouncing off the inside walls and
lowering the contrast (making them flatter).

A member of the Rolleiusers groups is now describing how I can help
this, without putting in baffles (putting in flat black paper, the kind
in telescopes, instead).

I've been using the Rolleis lately because under these conditions (dark
when I go and leave work) it is hard to finish off 36 exposure. Now ...
I end up taking quite a few 12 exposure rolls instead, amounting to more
than 36, ... go figure.

Daniel