Subject: [Leica] Re:Some shots with the CV 15mm 4.5 and the M8..., (Slobodan Dimitrov)
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue Dec 5 11:02:24 2006

At 3:39 PM +0100 12/5/06, F?lix L?pez de Maturana wrote:
>>That 15mm Heliar sure puts the old Hologon to shame.
>
>I'm not so sure. I haven't used the CV15mm but
>I've done extensively with the CV12mm -M7- and
>an Hologon with the Contax G2. Both have the
>issues an extreme wide has, severe vignetting
>and corners softness,  but -just my opinion- in
>corners and borders the Hologon has the edge. I
>use the Hologon with the degradation filter and
>this improves the image quality while I couldn't
>fit a similar device in my Heliar and this is
>really a disadvantage. May be under some
>circumstances the CV can be better -I repeat it
>is not my experience- bu so much as *put to
>shame* I wouldn't dare to say this.
>
>Felix.

I have the 12 and 15 CV as well as the original
Hologon, and while the CV 15 is more convenient,
it hardly puts the Hologon to shame.

I use the 12 occasionally with a graduated center
filter, and the Hologon as well. I don't have one
for the 15 CV so it looses out in that department.

BTW, the 12 CV works well on the M8; also with
the graduated filter which isn't quite as
necessary on digital.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design