Subject: [Leica] Re:Some shots with the CV 15mm 4.5 and the M8..., (Slobodan Dimitrov)
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Tue Dec 5 06:39:19 2006

> That 15mm Heliar sure puts the old Hologon to shame.

I'm not so sure. I haven't used the CV15mm but I've done extensively
with the CV12mm -M7- and an Hologon with the Contax G2. Both have the
issues an extreme wide has, severe vignetting and corners softness,  but
-just my opinion- in corners and borders the Hologon has the edge. I use
the Hologon with the degradation filter and this improves the image
quality while I couldn't fit a similar device in my Heliar and this is
really a disadvantage. May be under some circumstances the CV can be
better -I repeat it is not my experience- bu so much as *put to shame* I
wouldn't dare to say this.

Felix.

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Re:Some shots with the CV 15mm 4.5 and the M8..., (Slobodan Dimitrov))