Subject: [Leica] Re:High ISOs Comparison (Tina Manley)
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Wed Dec 6 08:25:05 2006

> Photo People:
>
> Several people have asked me how the M8 compares to the Canon 5D at
> high ISOs.  I did some experiments this morning and posted the
> results.  These were all converted using Capture One with no
> adjustments at all.  The crops are all at actual pixel size. In my
> opinion, there's no contest.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/comparison
>
> What do you think?
>
> Tina
>
> Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
> http://www.tinamanley.com
Tina

Nothing outperforms, concerning noise, the EOS 5D, not even the 1Ds mkII
that may be better in other image quality aspects but not in noise. The
/raison d'?tre/ of the Leica M8 is not getting the *best* digital image
quality available but getting pictures from a rangefinder with the
legendary Leica M lenses. In few words it is not the best digital camera
in the world but an outsanding Leica M digital camera. I'm anxiously
awaiting mine.

Regards.

F?lix.

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re:High ISOs Comparison (Tina Manley))