Subject: [Leica] Re: High ISOs Comparison
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Dec 6 11:59:56 2006

I do not disagree.... and the DOF is tremendously different....  But now you
have to throw in the noise issue.... If the Canon is 1
stop slower, but the noise is really vastly less, then is that extra 1 stop
advantage of the Leica real or is has it reached the
stage where it is useful only in the most  desperate of situations?  Is the
Canon 1 stop slower really a disadvantageis that
99.99999999 % of images?

Of course, that is the purpose of the Noctilux, the other 0.00000001% of the
time..... .... I think the football analogy is a Hail
Mary......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

In the digital space that's needing to push the camera's ISO
sensitivity one stop higher, Frank and we can look at M8 images and
see just how valuable that one stop is - it's HUGE when moving to the
camera's highest sensitivity.

So don't be so quick to dis a one-stop difference out in the digital world.

Adam

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re: High ISOs Comparison)