Subject: [Leica] home depot strip lighting technique?
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Wed Dec 6 20:15:23 2006

I heard about a pro who uses Home Depot florescent lighting for strip
lights.
The light are ridiculously cheap (well.. compared to to almost anything in
B&H)

I'd like to try this. Has anyone tried this? Any tips?
Goal: Two banks of light on either side of the subject for that 'makeup
mirror lighting' look.

I know that the flicker of florescents has to be accounted for.
Also - what would be the best way to attach them to light stands?

I love the idea of cheap effective homebrew lighting.

Eric

PS. The site I heard it on is http://www.studiolighting.net/
Fun to listen to two geeky photo guys get excited about lighting techniques.
Makes you feel - well - geeky too.