Subject: [Leica] High ISOs Comparison
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Dec 7 18:29:57 2006

At 08:38 PM 12/7/2006, you wrote:
>I'd be interested to see differences in finished  prints.  Using whatever
>techniques are available to sharpen, reduce  vignetting, and/or reduce
>noise.
>Whatever is available is fair game.   I don't care about 100% pixel views.
>care about how an 11x14 print  looks from normal viewing distance.

The only reason I'm doing all of these tests is to narrow down what I
have to print.  There are too many choices to print them all.  I
would waste tons of paper and ink.  You can make decisions based on
100% pixel views which will help you determine which photos will look
best when printed.  I'm also trying out about 6 conversion softwares
to find out which ones best sharpen, reduce vignetting, reduce noise,
color balance, etc.  The only way to do that is by testing it all out
before I ever decide to make one print.  There's no way I could ever
make prints that would include all of the variables possible.  When
I've narrowed it down, then I'll make the 11x14 prints.  With a
calibrated monitor and printer, I know that I'll get exactly what I
see with the files from my 5D.  I'm not there yet with the M8.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com