Subject: [Leica] speaking of material, equipment and chimping
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Fri Dec 8 11:43:06 2006

This morning I spent 2 hours introducing the texas leica (linhof tech
IV with 135 3.5 xenotar) to my daughter's best friend (since high
school '85), Alisa. She has a hankering for the "old school"
photography. She has no darkroom and I recommend that she pickup some
4x5 polaroid and rent the old man's texas leica to find out if it's
really the way she wants to go. She arrived at my office with some
type 57 and I proceeded to demonstrate how it's done. Xenotar has
bokeh to die for. Wide open under horrible fluorescent light.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/imagist/alisa_pola_061208.jpg.html>

Apologies for the quick and dirty scan (clean - one of the many
things I love about digital capture). However, there's no denying
that polaroid has it's place and provides the ultimate and first
"chimping."

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com