Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital Leica back
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Fri Dec 8 15:39:22 2006

And I give a hearty second to this belief.

And if we continue to support their serious efforts I have to believe
that that they will continue to play and bring us more and better
mechano/optical/electronic instruments.

Further, if another company sees a demand for precision rangefinder
digital cameras the competition may even drive the bus to greater
heights.

This list was birthed for love of the finest rangefinder cameras ever
made. Nikon had fine ones and dropped the ball. Canon had fine ones
and dropped the ball. Leica kept building them. We all (most of us)
know the very real difference between RF and SLR. We know when to
pick up which and why. We also know the difference between film
digital and when to pickup which and why.

The days when pj's carried Ms for wide and SLRs for long may very
well return due to the M8.

Long live digital capture competing with film for speed and resolution.
Long live Kodachrome.
Long live Leica optics.
Long live M's and including M8s.
Long live Alpa, Polaroid, Blad, Rollei Zeiss, and all the wonderful
choices our world of photography has presented us with.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Re: Digital Leica back)