Subject: [Leica] Oyster Roast
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon Dec 11 19:47:12 2006

I just had this vision of our Tina in a remake of the movie "Airplane,"
saying to her obnoxious male seatmate:  "No thank you.  I like my oysters
like I like my images . .  RAW."

Tina, thanks for posting the oyster roast pictures.  It seems that that the
M8 has its own signature "look" in available light B&W.  It's reminiscent
of film, but the tonality is different (and in a way, better).  ISO 320
looks a bit like BW400CN, and 640 looks like very well-processed
Tri-X.  The faces look alive.  And there are specifics that are unlike
anything I've seen before, including B&W conversions from other digital
cameras.  They look like "real" photographs, not like too-perfect digital
smoothies.

Were these shot with an IR filter or not?

I especially love this one:  http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/71529425

--Peter

> >Raw, eh? Meaning you shoot as you eat.
> >-Chris Lawson
>

>Raw is good :-)
>Tina

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Oyster Roast)