Subject: [Leica] (no subject)
From: afterswift at aol.com (afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 10:14:47 2006

  An evolutionist made some interesting observations about why dogs are so
different from the wolves they evolved from. It wasn't merely a matter of
mutation, but of the effects of adrenalin which made changes very rapidly in
behavior and particularly in appearance because the dog had different
emotional demands. No wolf has floppy ears, nor do wolves bark. He also
pointed out that dogs evolved from lazy wolves, who hung around human haunts
to scavange for leftovers.

 So dogs have smaller brains than wolves because they didn't need much
intelligence to scrounge food. Beats hunting every time, that requres a lot
of brainpower.

 And make no mistake about it, we humans were influenced by the dogs that
hung out with us. Which explains why many of us love dogs often more than
human beings. And why we spend a fortune on them. Dogs know how to
ingratiate themselves.

 Me, I have no particular liking for dogs. But they keep the kids busy and
test the AF speed of my cameras and are essential for the walking cure.

 Bob

tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web,
free AOL Mail and more.

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] (no subject))
Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] (no subject))