Subject: [Leica] A newbie here..
From: joelct at singnet.com.sg (Joseph Low)
Date: Tue Dec 12 14:59:35 2006

            Shalom Alex - welcome to the LUG

            Joseph Low / Singapore

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+joelct=singnet.com.sg@leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+joelct=singnet.com.sg@leica-users.org]On Behalf Of Alex
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 6:10 AM
To: lug@leica-users.org

Hello all.
I'm a newbie to Leica and to RF in the whole, just got registered here,
willing to introduce myself.
My name is Alex, I'm from Israel. Used to be a long-term SLR shooter
jumping over from Minolta to Canon professional systems, until about 2
years ago took a leap into large format (4x5) and never looked back so
that my Canon setup used to spent about 95% of the time in the closet.
Besides, it took me several years to realize that the "latest and
greatest" gear isn't always the optimal solution. I became quite
reluctant of getting out my Canon and lugging it around, even though
owing high-end analog camera and some nice L line optics. In the past I
enjoyed challenging myslef physically and mentally lugging 15 kg
backpack full of Canon throughout the world even on business trips, but
lately getting realized that nor fast and quite AF, neither
super-sophisticated metering or super-speed machine-gun shooting doesn't
bring me the pleasure any more in my hobby. So the breaking point came
few weeks ago when I decided to quit my SLR adventure altoagther and
convert to something much more manageable and intimate that will not be
a burden for my family either in family strools or trips but yet provide
an adequate quality. After quite a deliberation between jumping to an MF
rangefinder or remain in 35mm world I made up my mind to stay with 35mm
to avoid the necessity to change my entire flow. Then were two weeks of
online "research" of RF world, equipment, shooting technique,
etc..became an active member on RFF (rangefinderforum.com), "spamming"
apug.org with my RF-related hesitations...until realized that in that or
another way I will have hard time to get my Leica lust calm down....
So two days ago I managed to pick a nice Summicron 50mm/2 (current
version) which is on its way to me right now and just a few hours ago I
had a pleasure to purchase a nice M6 of LUG fellow Hank Kellner (he
offered the camera for sale here also few days ago). Did not realize
Hank is a well known person not only on LUG but also in literature
world, but that turned to be a nice surprise to me.

So I'm welcoming myself here on LUG..;-)

Sincerely, Alex