Subject: [Leica] I like this Gepe slide mounter thingy
From: rdandcb at home.netspeed.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Sat Dec 16 13:40:47 2006

Having decided to keep holding up my wooden cross to digital cameras
for fear of not ever using my beautiful film cameras again, I bought
a Gepe Hand Mounting Unit (Art 8209), as per the link.

http://www.gepe.com/english/120.htm

This thing is so good and for mounting slides it's reinforced my
wooden cross for some time, at least until they get that M8 properly
sorted out, or the bugs out of the R10 at some point.  Yesterday
morning I mounted hundreds of trannies that had been piling up in
sleeves because it had been such a drag to do in the past.

Still, my wife and I drove a friend and with her new Nikon D200 to
our kids' school on Friday so we could photograph their kindergarten
graduation.  With only 12 shots left on the roll of Astia in my MP I
wasn't going to waste any.  I said, "We need to get closer.  My flash
is saying we're marginal, even at f2."  She said, "Looks all right to
me" and held the back of her Nikon in front of my face.  I thought,
"You're already shooting?"  Right there was proof that her shots were
going to be properly exposed.  Mine are in the lab over the weekend
and I'm a bit worried that my flash, used on auto, might have left
the Astia underexposed.

Hmmm.  :-|

Rick.

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] I like this Gepe slide mounter thingy)