Subject: [Leica] I did not buy an M8, but I want one
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Sun Dec 17 12:47:19 2006

>No, Dave, it's just that your reaction and your continued invective
>against the M8 has removed any credibility you have.

My recent posts no longer specifically reference my own particular feelings
for the M8. My reasons to dislike the M8 are wholly unrelated to all the
recent complaints about image quality -- mine relate almost 100% to design
and ergonomic issues.

My most recent LUG posting referred to the complaints of others (found on
Rangefinder Forum) who actually still own the camera and are reporting new
image problems with the latest batch from Leica.

This might call into question others' credibility but not mine. I'm just
reporting and was making general commentary.

My last LUG posting was merely offered as a cautionary tale. The future for
the M8 and Leica itself may be bleak if owners and prospective owner
continue to nitpick every detail about the cameras performance and do not
accept it's flaws (weaknesses, if you prefer) like one must for just about
another other consumer product.

I don't see how this can be misconstrued as continued invective.

Dave.

--
My Photography: http://www.david-keenan.com
My Blog: http://www.david-keenan.com/euroblog