Subject: [Leica] Re: Stolen Leica
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun Dec 17 16:53:00 2006

On Dec 17, 2006, at 5:38 PM, Richard wrote:

> After 20 years of using my leica Camera's and many years on the
> list it
> seems to be ended. Last week all my equipment was stolen from my
> house.
> Including a very early M3 I inherited from my grandfather.
>
> Is  there anyplace on the internet where stolen equipment is
> listed? Or do
> you  normally post it on the newsgroup?

Report the theft to the police, including the serial numbers of the
equipment. Then report it to your homeowners insurance company
referencing the police report. Most homeowners policies cover theft
from the household premises or from a locked vehicle. It worked for
me when I had a Leica stolen. By this time the Leica has probably
been pawned for drug money. Your chance of recovering it is roughly
the same as winning the lottery.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Re: Stolen Leica)
Reply from marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Re: Stolen Leica)