Subject: [Leica] Tina said what?!
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Dec 18 10:53:10 2006

At 01:39 PM 12/18/2006, you wrote:
>  there is detail and definition in
>the complex areas of the ISO 3200 5D shot (e.g., the field in the
>center of the frame)

Where the 5D is weak with most Canon lenses is the edges of the
frame, not the center.

Aside from its ability to use M-mount lenses, I have yet to see a
>functional advantage to the M8 over the EOS 5D.

And that is the entire point of the M8 - to be able to use the M
mount lenses on a digital camera.  I like some of my Canon L lenses,
particularly the 85/1.2, but the rest don't compare to my Leica M
lenses for edge to edge sharpness and resolution.  I can see the
difference very clearly in most photos and it's worth it to me to
learn how to use the M8 to be able to use those lenses.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Tina said what?!)