Subject: [Leica] Tina said what?!
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Dec 18 06:27:04 2006

At 09:04 AM 12/18/2006, you wrote:
>I have not seen anyone else make such a bold claim, and from what I
>can see with MY eyes, by the time you've Noise Ninja-ed the execrable
>high-ISO noise from an M8 image any perceived resolution edge is out
>the window.
>
>rs

Just look at the high ISO tests I did.  And it does make a big
difference when you do as Doug suggested to handle the problem of
noise in high ISOs of the Leica digitals.  Underexpose by a stop or
two or three and use lower ISOs.  You still get the great resolution
of the Leica lenses without the high noise, you can adjust the
exposure in any of the converting software, and you avoid one of the
problems of digital exposures - blown out highlights.  This is my
standard method of taking photos in low light with the M8 now.

This is just what I have found doing my own tests with my own cameras
for my own purposes.  Your mileage may vary.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com