Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 33, Issue 444
From: s.yoder at verizon.net (Stan Yoder)
Date: Mon Dec 18 21:04:26 2006

> Yeah they took one look at that sofa-sized back seat and knew what  you
> had
> in mind....
> ;-)

Actually, the Checker's back seat was between the rear wheelwells, and not
as sofa-wide as most
other cars. They did this in order to be able to fit the jump seats in. I
had two Checkers in the
60s. The floor was big enough and flat enough that we put a crib mattress on
it when traveling with
our infant daughter. Terribly unsafe, in hindsight.

I can't imagine you could do other things on a mattress in a car :-)

Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh