Subject: [Leica] leica M6 and M6 TTL
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Tue Dec 19 05:58:36 2006

Hi, Peter,

I have heard this report before. My DR mounts and dismounts just fine
on my M6TTL and M7 (from the infinity position). I can move the focus
past the notch to mount the eyes. But that is as far as it goes.
There is interference if I try to focus into the close-up region. I
won't force it. I don't see a stop on the eyes. You may have gotten
lucky with your mix of hardware. For me it's not a big deal as I have
other M bodies that the DR works just fine with. Also I seldom use
the DR for close-ups as I prefer the Visoflex with the 65mm Elmar
and either the focusing mount or a bellows. I do like the DR as a
normal lens, though. Better than my current Summicron.

Len