Subject: [Leica] Re: Simplicity
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Tue Dec 19 08:40:21 2006

128.  Interesting number, in an 8-bit world.

Did the Buddha know something about cyberspace?

Maybe they had to give it a name first...

Bob in Seattle

On Dec 19, 2006, at 8:36, Lawrence Zeitlin wrote:

On Dec 19, 2006, at 10:15 AM, Bob wrote:

> All this talk of cars & cameras reminds me that in the mid 70's
> everything I owned (M-4 w/35 & 90mm lenses, Fender amp w/Gibson &
> Fender guitars and my Omega B-22 if I was moving somewhere) fit
> neatly into my MGB-GT with room for a traveling companion in the
> front seat and some clothes in the back.
>
> There really is something awfully attractive about that kind of
> simplicity....

Nepalese holy men have a rule that one can only own 128 things. Each
item counts. A pair of socks counts for two. Owning more than 128 items
bars you from nirvana,

I'll never make it. My Leica junk drawer alone has enough things to
keep me out for several lifetimes.

Larry Z