Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another Comparison
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Wed Dec 20 07:46:24 2006

I think Frank and George et al have done a good analysis of these
images, but it seems to me the different hues seen in the flag, which
presumably is made of synthetic fibers (Nylon?) may be yet another
instance of the IR color problem rearing its head. Tina, did you have
some sort of IR filter on the Leica lens? If so... nevermind. :-)

Here is a field report from a Magnum photog on the M8, along with the
best IR problem example I've seen yet:

<http://www.outbackphoto.com/reviews/equipment/leica_m8/
Leica_M8_ThomasHoepker.html>

Will von Dauster

PS - I find Sylkypix a little too strange an interface. Still playing
with it, but so far I prefer ACR.

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] IMG: Another Comparison)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: Another Comparison)