Subject: [Leica] IMG: my new rangefinder
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sat Dec 23 08:39:33 2006

that's the tri-x pro (320 asa) right?  back when i was going thru a phase
of lots medium format, i was looking for the one film i could shoot in 220
and also 35mm.  delta 400 was in 220 for a short while until they
discontinued
it, and the tri-x you could get in 35mm and 120 was the 400 asa variety and
the
220 and 4x5 was the "pro" 320 asa version.  so i ended up with hp5+ which
you
could get from 35 through 120 and 220 to 4x5 (and greater).  unfortunately
they
discontinued hp5+ 220 about 3 years ago; when my frozen stockpile is gone, my
220 days will be over.  i've fantasized about ways of taping two 120 rolls
together end-to-end but it doesn't seem feasible.

220 is such a great format, 24 on a hasselblad or rolleiflex, 30 on my
fuji folder (never sure why fuji shortchanges you by two).

-rei

--
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey